Shed Some Light On The Subject

My bedroom has no light fixtures, depending solely on plugged-in lamps. Fortunately, I was given three when I moved in: a floor reading lamp, and two table-tops. Both of them were ugly as heck. One of them had brass-colored metal and was filled with fake flowers. Yuck!

I disassembled it and spray-painted the metal bronze. I suck at spray-painting but I hope the mistakes aren't too obvious. I then let it sit for a couple weeks while I ordered origami paper and waited for it to arrive. I was pretty happy with the paper I ordered from Michaels. It is printed with Japanese on the packet!

I then spent Saturday evening and a little time on Sunday afternoon folding origami cranes to stuff the lamp with. The hard part was getting them in upside down and filling the lamp full enough. I used about a third of the packet of paper, folded up.

            

Before I screwed everything back together, I put a bulb in and tested, to make sure I had rewired it correctly. Worked like a charm!

The best part is that I had a piece left over at the end. I remember taking it apart and going "there are more pieces here than are strictly necessary". And I was right!


Final cost: $21 and odd cents for the paper (including shipping) and I think six bucks for the can of bronze spray paint.

Now on to my next project: finding a lampshade. Have a good week everybody! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hoskins and Spenalzo Are Dead

What's In My Rehearsal Bag?