Le Bureau*

A friend of my mother gave me this dresser. She picked up at a garage sale, and had refinished it, so that was really lovely. The mirror isn't perfect, but I actually like it that way. If I want sparkling definition I'll use the magnifying mirror in the bathroom. (For the record, I don't. It's like weighing yourself). 

I lined the drawers with the same paper I used in my desk, which was actually necessary because the drawers would have snagged my delicates. I also rubbed soap over the contact points, which made it immeasurably easier to open and close the drawers. If I get a little bit of a sticking point, I just rub a bar of soap there. I have one of those little souvenir bars that I keep just for that purpose. Haven't had a problem since. :)

I didn't really like the handles. While perfectly functional, they didn't match the style at all. Also, I wanted a little more cohesive look in my bedroom. My nightstand has porcelain knobs, so I looked for some porcelain handles. Again, I grabbed some from Menards. I brought home the shape I liked, in four variants. I got the one I wanted, returned the others for a store voucher and picked up 5 more. I replaced them using a screwdriver, but I in my ignorance chose one too small and completely mangled it. Live and learn! I'm fairly happy with the overall look.

Total Cost: about $20 bucks for the hardware and the paper.

*If any francophiles are reading please tell me if I got the title right.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hoskins and Spenalzo Are Dead

What's In My Rehearsal Bag?