La Laundry Room Curtains

Last summer I was still living at home, and my parents have an apple orchard. I made a hammock out of canvas, put grommets in it, rope through the grommets, voila!

Unfortunately the canvas wasn't quite as sturdy as I thought it was and the fabric itself ripped right along the top, along the seam. Well that shot it as a hammock, but I had only used it a few times. That was a lot of good fabric! So I cannibalized it and packed up the components for my move in October. I knew I'd find a use for it.

I move into my brother's house, and I found my use in the laundry room. It had one window, and my brother had been using a bath towel binder-clipped to the curtain rod for a curtain. Cute.

So I spent two hours making curtains. I trimmed the ends, cut it down the middle into two panels, hemmed it and made a rod pocket on each. The hardest part honestly was getting the rod back up on the wall. Because I'm short. :)

Total Cost: Two yards of 45" wide Waverly canvas (love their prints!), however much that costs. Minus stuff on the ends from when I made the hammock. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hoskins and Spenalzo Are Dead

What's In My Rehearsal Bag?