Vintage Postcard Display



So, over a year ago when I was planning my wedding, I hauled off and bought a bunch of vintage postcards, that I immediately realized I could NEVER use as decoration because what if they got ruined??  I love these little pieces of history! So, when we moved into our apartment together, I wanted a way to display them. It took a while but when open frames went on sale for half-off at Hobby Lobby, I grabbed one! A few measurements with a ruler...a few dots of hot glue and some fishing line...


and some mini clothespins and voila!


I have many more vintage postcards, so I hope to have a lot of fun changing and updating them. Fun fact! I bought these postcards on Etsy from a vendor in the UK--and most of these are from UK and Continental European locations. HOWEVER... second row from the bottom, second row from the left, is a postcard I think is probably a hundred years old--and it depicts our state capital of Madison, WI. WOOHOO!

$20 for the frame, and I think maybe $5 for a massive bag of mini clear acrylic clothespins. The line was from my fishing pole ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hoskins and Spenalzo Are Dead

What's In My Rehearsal Bag?