Throwback Post: Updating Furniture!

When I moved to my brother's house, I was seized with the fix-it bug. The first project to get the treatment was a dresser given to me when I moved.


The interior drawers were prone to snagging my clothes, and the hardware didn't look like it went with the rest of the dresser. First thing I did was line the drawers with wrapping paper--I bought it for this especially because it didn't have straight lines and you couldn't tell if I put it in crooked or not!




I rubbed the drawers with soap so I could get them in and out easier, and then I went on my search for new hardware. I settled on an antique oiled-look with porcelain, as it matched knobs already on my nightstand.

This dresser made it to my new apartment, but it quickly left to make way for a piano. 

Next to get the treatment was a desk. I removed the glass top, painted it "chic yellow" (I remember the paint saleslady at Walmart calling it "chick yellow") and put new knobs on instead of the old drawer pulls. 


This dresser went right back to my parent's house as a present for my high-school-age sister after I left my brother's house to go to my new apartment. It looks just adorable in Jocie's bedroom. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hoskins and Spenalzo Are Dead

What's In My Rehearsal Bag?