Bye Bye Birdie, Bye Bye High School


This year my baby sister will be graduating from high school. Coincidentally, I was hired by the high school to play synthesizer for a production of "Bye Bye Birdie" at the last minute (essentially three weeks rehearsal before the show opened--and I am by no means a professional musician). I walk into rehearsal, and who should be there but my little sister, playing flute? Despite Jocie's help getting me caught up, it was by far the most stressful show I've ever been involved in. Important practice though, and it made me appreciate my MTG shows all the more. The band director asked if I would be interested in coming back next year, and I said "definitely--if you let me know earlier!" 

In the end, Jocelyn played beautifully, and I struggled valiantly (I shot the director the deer-in-the-headlights look more than once!) and together we made it through. Love you sis!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hoskins and Spenalzo Are Dead

What's In My Rehearsal Bag?