Throwback Post: DIY Hammock to DIY Curtains

One year, I determined to have a hammock. It was AMAZING. I bought some canvas and grommets from Walmart, rope and hardware from Ace, and had a blast. Nothing like reading in the shade on a hot summer day. Wasn't expensive either!


Sadly, the canvas proved more to be of the upholstery caliber than support-someone's-weight caliber...it ripped! At the close of the summer, I cannibalized it and folded the fabric up for another project. I didn't have to look far--when I moved to my brother's house I saw he had a towel binder-clipped to the rod over the laundry room window! The material was just enough for simple casement curtains. My first time, and I'm real proud of myself! When I moved out I left them, of course. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hoskins and Spenalzo Are Dead

What's In My Rehearsal Bag?