Ready for Fall!

My newest couple projects that I finished are a fall wreath for the door and a knit beanie for my husband. The beanie in particular is a project "of great vintage", as it's one I started for LAST fall. Somehow, in between moving and getting married and getting bored, I let it sit in various spots before I broke down and spent the remaining hour required to finish it. Come on, really?

Also, I replaced my summer/spring wreath (which I made out of clearance flowers and a cheap  embroidery hoop for about $5)


with a slightly more expensive one from Dollar Tree materials ($7 or $8).



This one was so easy to do. I just wound the garlands around the wire frame until it looked bushy enough, and I shrugged my shoulders and said "yeah, I'll glue that". I find projects are always more easy if you're less picky. Also, glue guns are a gift from God and I don't know how I managed without one. After burning myself on the tassel banner for my wedding (pictured below), I bought some silicone finger guards. WIN.


The tassel fringe was 299 tassels, each a sheet of tissue paper (minus the one I burned myself on), lovingly pleated and cut with the assistance of my Maid of Honor, Sarah. Amazon! 

Last but not least, the beanie! It fits my husband's head nicely and is deep enough he can pull the folded up brim down around his ears. Just Red Heart acrylic, you can find at any Wal-Mart.

Little by little I'm chipping away at my projects list!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hoskins and Spenalzo Are Dead

What's In My Rehearsal Bag?