Sofa Pillows

When I moved into my own apartment and married, friends and family and family friends of both Ben and I blessed us with pretty much everything we could ever need or want in the way of household furnishings. Among the gifts were my parents' old sofa and loveseat, originally given to my little sister but removed from storage and into my living room as a gift from her :)

They're lovely and in excellent condition. However, I needed something to pull the living room away from the grey sofa, brown carpet, brown'n'grey tablecloth that covers the beat-up coffee table, nondescript beige/grey walls, and the beige vertical blinds. It was all very nice, but in the words of my husband, "it looks like a hospital waiting room".

So, Ben and I went to Wal-Mart and bought a couple yards of fabric, and I bought a 4 cheap pillow forms on Amazon. I measured the forms seam-to-seam, and cut out squares with a seam allowance, rounding the corners with a mixing bowl. A week and a half of sporadic stitching while watching "Galavant", and here we are!


Total cost: about $20. The forms were cheap, and the covers can't be ironed without removing the stitching to take them off the forms, (heck no I'm not putting zippers on these!) but I'm happy and they're cheerful and fluffy. And of course mom found the pillows she bought to go with the sofa in their basement just as I was finishing the last pillow. We'll use them (brown/grey/blue paisley) in the winter, I think. Maybe I'll quick make some button/sweater covers for these colorful ones too? Probably not! Maybe next year haha. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hoskins and Spenalzo Are Dead

What's In My Rehearsal Bag?