Plate Wall

I finally have my plate wall! Most of them are the $1.25 variety from Goodwill, but there are a couple that were given to me and are a teensy bit more special. In the end, there aren't many that would inspire my heart to break if they ever did.

I hung them using these disc plate hangers from England (shipped from the business in Florida). They are excellent! Just follow the directions and let them dry thoroughly, and they'll be secure. I had a friend try to use command strips for her plates and a couple of them fell. No thanks! Of course, she couldn't put holes in her wall, and I could. Boy can I ever! As you can see, there are a couple holes in the wall left by the other tenant. I think I'll wait to ask the landlord to fill those until after we've finished hanging everything.


My apologies for the lighting--our kitchen is essentially a cave, and the lighting is never great even on the sunniest of days. 


On the left is a saucer from a little set my coworker let me pirate from her St. Vinnie's drop box, and on the right is a plate from my Grandpa Wayne's old set. It's been around for many years, and it's especially precious to me now. It's the only thing I have of his. But, I can't just leave it in a cupboard to never been seen, touched, or maybe broken. I want to display it and remind myself of him. 

Total cost--maybe $25 bucks for the plate hangers, 50 cents for the nails and $12 for the plates. Not bad...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hoskins and Spenalzo Are Dead

What's In My Rehearsal Bag?