Note to Self:

Note to self: Never sign up for another musical during the Holiday Season!

Musicals are a huge amount of work. Not only that, but it's unfulfilling.

Yeah, it's fun, but honestly. I ended up forgoing a paying gig to be there. I paid someone else to cover another gig for me (that I wasn't getting paid for to begin with, so nobody else would have volunteered). I had to buy a pair of character shoes last minute because our choreographer (who is a GREAT choreographer by the way) was going to order us some at cost. But then she didn't when she couldn't find any to loan to us? I ended up paying three times the cost of the shoes to have them shipped to my house in time for what I thought was a dress rehearsal (per what the director told me) but what actually wasn't. Not even a run through.

Also, I'm super tired of constantly being out of the loop. I miss two days when I'm sick, and that means I not only miss both dress rehearsals, but headshot day (which nobody told me about to begin with). I mention a dress rehearsal, am told loudly and persistently that it's not, and I arrive to find it is (and I'm also helping with costumes, so I was unprepared in a bad way). I come prepared for a dress rehearsal, and it isn't. It's not just miscommunication, it's that what is listed on the schedule isn't what actually happens.

The director will tell everybody "don't move set if you're in the next scene" and guess what. That's not how it works at ALL.

Now. Our choreographer is talented. Our director is great. I think they're great people. But I'm tired of being out of the loop and it bothers me that I'm going on stage tonight without a dress rehearsal. Without a headshot like everybody else.

To top it off, I hate the hairstyle the studio put on me. It's not my style at all but I didn't have time to change it because I gave up my lunch to go. It's flat and smacked down and I don't think it's authentic at all. I LOATHE it and I can't change it because I'm a member of the ensemble and frankly nobody listens to you if you're in the ensemble. I think tomorrow I'll change it no matter what. I hate it I can't be happy in it.

ARGGGGHHHH NEVER AGAIN  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hoskins and Spenalzo Are Dead

What's In My Rehearsal Bag?