Ghosts of Projects Past

    A few months ago, I bought six pounds of grey wool roving, intending to make a super-chunky knit blanket, al la pinterest. I researched the process, and several bloggers insisted that it was possibly to use roving instead of the very expensive super chunky yarn, by "lightly felting" the roving in the bathtub. I saw the pictures of cozy stay-at-home moms and their lovely blankets. "and I spake unto myself saying...I couldst do that"....

   Well, let me tell you. Six pounds of wool roving wet is closer to fifty pounds of wool roving. Wet wool roving smells like a herd of non-too clean sheep. And once it's dry, it still smells like sheep and it's not fluffy enough to justify the work to knit a giant blanket. Besides all of that, despite being slightly matted and less shed-y, it still didn't look very tough.

    So, I told the person I was going to make it for that the project fell through. She was super nice, and I wouldn't let her pay me for the roving. It wound into a nice big ball...maybe I'll sew a cover for it and used it as a tuffet? lol

   I did an assessment of my redwork quilt...all of the squared that needed to be embroidered are finished...now to sew the thing! I got an estimate from a friend of mine who does quilting, and I've since decided to do it myself. I need fabric that is only red and cream. I'll just make a simple square patch, and dot those embroidery squares throughout. But for now, that project is being shelved in favor of two others:


    I bought some lovely soft plaid flannel to make this! I washed the material last night. Since I'm doing a spending freeze this month, I'm not going out or generally snacking as much. Cancelled Netflix, too haha. So, I'm bored at in the evenings and find myself really hankering to sew.

   Speaking of evenings, last night I chopped up three flannel pajama shirts and a pair of jeans that my brother donated to the cause. He's six feet six inches all, and broad shouldered...lots of good material there! The cause in question is a denim and flannel quilt that I want to make. My sister is going to give me some more next week! I'm looking forward to finishing more projects. Keeping myself busy!

Add in some minor alterations, and this should be a decently busy month. I have a lot of projects that have been lingering on for years...embroidered tea towels need to get embroidered! quilts need to get quilted! dresses need to get sewn! We shall see....:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hoskins and Spenalzo Are Dead

What's In My Rehearsal Bag?