Miscellaneous Adventures

Where to start? Well--Mr. Spenalzo ended up in the ticket booth for a few days, until so many people complained of jump scares Denise stuck him in the storage closet (with a warning sign on the door--"For Those of The Faint of Heart--Mr. 'Gotcha' Spenalzo Resides Within"). Farewell, my child!



My husband's cousin's girlfriend is having a baby, and I was invited to the shower. I couldn't make it, so I made them a lovely knit baby bonnet.


Okay, so it's not the most attractive piece of work I've done--but I learned so many new skills while I was doing it! #fearless

Then Thanksgiving happened, which is when I was going to give them the baby bonnet. I unfortunately was sick, so I sent along a couple pies with Ben to the event. The pies made it in where they were well received. Ben forgot the present in the trunk, so I guess I'll have to give it to them at Christmas. Also that weekend, we sent out Christmas cards!

 

I finally got around to using up that old goats milk soap base I had from last year--I melted it down, added bergamot and rose essential oils, then poured it into a saran-lined loaf tin to cool, and chopped it into chunks. Easy and economical! I also finally turned my wedding bouquet into potpourri--orris root as a fixative, bergamot and rose oils (mostly rose), plus some tossing in a big salad bowl and a dozen little gauze bags from hobby lobby. I figure one for each of the mothers, sisters and bridesmaids, and the rest go in my knicker drawer. 


AND of course--my work at MTG! I was cast in a small part in the 2018 production of "It's a Wonderful Life". In addition to all 16 lines (I cherish them so much), I have additional duties of hairdresser. It's a lot of fun--I learned how to use a curling iron and to use Sally's Beauty Supply. I also got a really complimentary email from one of the "adults" of the MTG world. Apparently, I know my part and I do well acting it out. It's so good to hear that! I'm really encouraged. Of course, I'll probably be stuck with bit parts and back stage for the next few years regardless, but fair is fair. I think it's important to learn how all the parts go, anyway. Someday they might even let me direct my own show. NOT one as big as IAWL though--the cast, props, and set changes are a nightmare!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hoskins and Spenalzo Are Dead

What's In My Rehearsal Bag?